Friday 21 January 2011


The Latest video from New Face of G-Star Gemma Arterton along with her new Blog.



We shot the current G-Star ad campaign in sunny Marseille, at an apartment building designed by the famous, Swiss architect, Le Corbusier in the 1920s.
The photographer was the acclaimed Anton Corbijn, whose work I’ve admired forever. He’s the man behind some of the music industry’s most well-known album covers – including most of U2’s – as well as the director of dozens of distinctive music videos. He also helped creatively mould the image and brand for Depeche Mode, who I love!
Anton runs a really relaxed set and I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable photo shoots I’ve ever been on. He allowed me to just fool around and be myself and I think the shots for the campaign show how much fun we were all having. He also played an incredible soundtrack throughout the shoot.  This behind-the-scenes video shows you a little bit more, including some great shots of the very distinctive and striking building.
Obviously, Anton is also now a successful feature film director – Control, his award-winning film about Joy Division’s lead singer, Ian Curtis, blew me away and I’m hearing great things about The American.  I look forward to the next shoot with Anton!